Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
PRO-FORM has a very high output of ABS sheet as it is extruded for their thermoformed ute canopies and hard tonneau lids. The durability, ease of paint and high heat resistance make ABS an ideal solution for the automotive industry, where it often replaces fibreglass products.
ABS is easily machined. Common machining techniques include turning, drilling, milling, sawing, die-cutting and shearing. ABS can be cut with standard shop tools and line bent with standard heat strips. ABS can be chemically affixed (bonded) to itself and other like-plastics.
PRO-FORM ABS Sheet Specifications & Engineering
- Excellent impact resistance
- High chemical resistance
- Thermo-forms well
- Easy to paint and glue
PRO-FORM ABS Capabilities
- Supplied in sheets
- UV or chemical additives optional
- Can colour match to any Pantone code
- Co-extrusion available
- Smooth or Levant or Haricell finish
ABS Sheet Applications
The high durability and impact resistance often lend ABS to automotive and transport industries. It is commonly moulded into parts for cars, trains and public transport. PRO-FORM use ABS internally for ute canopies and ute hard tonneau covers. The toughness of ABS coupled with its moisture resistance allows it to be used a lot in the marine industry. Point of sale displays is another common application.
|Industry / Agriculture|
- ABS is fully recyclable
- PRO-FORM practice lean manufacturing and re-use ABS off-cuts into internal applications
- PRO-FORM offer end-of-life solutions such as ABS off-cuts to be supplied back to PRO-FORM
- PRO-FORM are actively seeking new opportunities to use recycled ABS materials. If you know of any potential ABS recycling products or projects then please get in touch, they’d love to talk.